Saturday, October 2, 2010

WHY DO I LIKE TO SEW...

These blog is my space t share about my sewing ... I have a family with many gifted seamstress, from professional quilters to wedding dress makers. Well I am ashamed to mention that I really didn't admire my family abilities until I had my daughter,so I had to learn the hard way and I am still learning. But intresting enough from my  memories from  the past ,watching  them cutting fabric, making their own patterns,sewing...  somehow is united us and I am so thankful for those memories,because bring a connection now in each stitch, in each new creation from my own sewing machine...
                                     Thank you !!!


Here is a project that I have trying to put together for a few months, come out pretty good, my daughter also likes,and that is the most important part to  me !


I just used a half yard  of fabric for the skirt, come out a little long ,bu since this child grows so fast I just decided to keep as is it is
For the ruffles make sure to trace lines on the fabric on the  places that you will attach your ruffles, so will come out nice and straight, so will be easy to allign when you are sewing the side

 for the ruffles I use double the size of the width of the skirt.
-You will need some extra fabric for the ruffles and for the waistband-
The ruffles are about 3 1/2 in. long (for each layer cut 2 of 44 in. will be about  double the width of the skirt)

For the flower I used Heather Bailey's felt

Hope the design above can give you a idea of what I did...

     Skirt for a 6-8 yrs old

  1. Cut your fabric

  2. make your ruffles

  3. attach your ruffles

  4. sew side

  5. make your waistband

  6. attach your waistband

  7. put your elastic(1 in.)

  8. make and attach your flower

Portugues:
Esse e meu blog sobre a minha aventuras na minha maquina de costurar
Meu agradecimento as costureiras na minha familia, que me da inspiracoes toda vez que estou costurandando para a minha filha
Meu primeiro projecto.

No comments:

Post a Comment