Sunday, April 12, 2015

BEAUTY

 
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. ~George Washington Carver
 
Nature study is not something planned in my house, just happens. In the spring always seems natural to study nature. Do you feel like that too?
 Who in the Spring could resist the beautiful flowers popping everywhere, the pleasant weather, the happy sings of the birds...not I, not I !
I love to keep around copies of favorite books about nature. Right now we are enjoying:
  • Wildflowers of Texas
  • A Field Guide to the Butterflies of North America 
  • A Guide to Field Identification Birds of North America
  • The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady
Do you have a favorite book about nature? I would love to know.
 
Dwarf Dandelion and Texas Stork's- Bill


 
Skullcap and verbena (?)


Phacelia


Baby Blue-eyes, Rose Vervain, Phacelia, Erect Dayflower, Wild Onion


Yellow Wood-Sorrel


Spiderwort , Dwarf Dandelion and Yellow Wood-Sorrel



Texas Stork's- Bill


Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment